Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Mission


Time to bring everyone up to speed:

1. I applied and was accepted to a raiding guild: ReigningFury

2. A few friends from my old guild applied and were accepted shortly after

3. My wife took most of my gold...

Now for the mission...

After speaking with one of the officers of the guild & talking with another hunter in the guild I've been benched from raiding for the following reasons:

1. I do not have sufficient hit points to meet the guild's requirements for Kara

2. I need to have at least 2 pieces of my Dungeon 3 armor (I already have the Beast Lord Mantle) for the decreased cooldown on my traps for CC purposes

3. My RAP is a little low for my spec. (Sorry Kestrel...I'm still marksman)

If you've looked at my armory page you'll notice that I already have 2 pieces from Kara and have reached Honored with the Violet Eye. The officer I spoke with noticed as well, and told me that she understood if I was frustrated by that fact. For the record, I'm not the least bit frustrated by the fact. If you recall my LFG(uild) post you'll remember me saying that I enjoy "militant guilds". Being told I don't meet the requirements to participate in a Kara raid demonstrates the fact that the guild has a certain way of doing things (being ranked the #11 alliance guild on the server proves their methods are sound in my opinion) and I've been assured that I shouldn't have any trouble getting help meeting these requirements. A vast improvement over my previous guild.

So I now have the one thing I feel I really needed to actually enjoy playing my hunter. Direction, purpose, goals!! I love it! No more running around aimlessly wondering what I can do next. Now I just need to find a job that doesn't require me to work 15 hours a day with no computer in sight, but hey, we can't all be BRK (/jealous). Feel free to make suggestions on how to go about meeting the above requirements or even ridiculing me for not having already met them, I've got thick skin...I won't mind. Stay tuned for future developments & Happy Hunting!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on completing your mission. I won't mention to BRK you're still MM spec, though. ;)

Kestrel

Saerath said...

I'm hoping that maybe he'll just accept me for the miscreant that I am and allow me to keep my hunter license =D

Anonymous said...

Well...do you have a scope on your weapon? Is your pet "BRK-approved"? :D

BTW...somehow you've pushed a lot of traffic to my blog--thanks! :)

Saerath said...

I do have a scope (granted it's not the uber scope I want, but +10 dmg was all I could afford) As far as my pet being BRK approved I doubt it, but I'm holding onto anthies for personal reasons...inf fact...I'm gonna write a post about him =D. Glad i could help with the post traffic btw!

Syralis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Syralis said...

I wish I could help with some suggestions but unfortunately since I've flown solo for so long I can't really say much. I don't have one purple item to my credit so to say I'm under-geared is an understatement of epic proportions. Do you have a guild-mate that can assist you in getting some armor crafted? How can you get the epic gear from Kara if they won't let you in? :-) Good luck I'm sure you'll be geared up in no time.