Thursday, September 13, 2007

Crystalforged War Axe...but why?!


It's 6:58...raid invites go out in 2 minutes...fighting through the lag in SW to get to the AH and grab those last few pots & flasks before I hop on the FP to darkshire (I don't like having to be summoned to a raid...) and hop on my swift mistsaber and head to Deadwind Pass...then I see in trade channel: WTS Crystalforged War Axe PST!...and I did! The irony in this story is early that same day I had just read BRK's blog about the hunter with the fiery enchant on their CFWA and gotten a good laugh, so naturally I was hesitant to become his next victim. The raid leader announced we were going to postpone the Kara run due to a lack of healers so I decided to do a little investigating. I asked the other hunters in my guild if I bought the axe and then had the +35 agi to 2h put on it if it would be better than my rusted old Terrok's Quill I'd been using forever, to my shock they all agreed that the axe would be an upgrade with the agi enchant due to the staggering amount of AP that it had. I still wasn't sure if I should do it or not, seeing as how every time I thought about it BRK's blog popped up in my head. The more I thought about it though, BRK was criticizing the choice of enchant and not the axe itself so I went ahead and made arrangements to buy the axe...almost 200g later (apparently enchanters and their mats think very highly of themself) I had my axe with the uberleet +35 agi enchant. I probably stared at the "Equipping this item will permanently bind it to you. Are you sure?" window for 2 or 3 minutes before clicking yes and praying that my RAP numbers went up on my char screen...and they did!! I gained almost 200 RAP from the axe and am glad I did. Just one more step on my way to become an integral part of my guild's raiding group...now if only I could do something about that helm...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your decision to put RAP over Agility marks you as a MM hunter. I would never replace my Terokk's Quill with a CFWA, but that's because I'm BM, and Agility means more to me than RAP.

Nice weapon, grats, and good choice on the enchant.

Unknown said...

use Rating Buster it will whether it is upgrade...

Syralis said...

Hi,

I read BRK's article and did the same with my Crystal Forged War Axe and I think it was a good choice. I come from a very small guild where I am the highest level so I've had to solo my hunter for the most part. Hey I may never seen an epic weapon at this rate. :-) Anyway good luck with your hunter.


Galamar of Staghelm
wowhuntersden.blogspot.com