Friday, September 21, 2007

LFG(uild)


I'm officially guildless. I'm not particularly happy about it, but in a sense it had to be done. The following reasons were involved:

1. I'm used to what I like to call "militant guilds", meaning there is a very clear chain of command, everyone has a job to do and knows how to do it. I miss that.

2. I was told that whenever I transferred to the Turalyon server myself and some friends were going to attempt to start our own raiding guild. It would have been hard, maybe even nearly impossible, but I looked forward to at least giving it a shot. It never happened.

3. I will not sit by and watch as the guild leader insults my wife (she had a mage in the guild and an alt), tells her that he is tired of her complaining about what is wrong with the guild and never doing anything to benefit the guild, when she has helped 98% of the people that joined the guild after we did that were not already Kara keyed complete the quest chain so that they could raid, she has had all of her heroic keys for quite some time, yet still ran regular instance runs just to help others get the rep they needed for their own heroic keys.

In the GM's defense, he did try to resolve problems with the guild, I didn't approve of some of the methods he used, but he did try. I have no hard feelings towards him, but I have no desire to be a part of his guild due to the way he runs his guild.

Now what are you gonna do Aerislan?! First off, I'm gonna get my account reactivated because my game cards expire tomorrow at 5pm (I'll be at work all day). Then I'm thinking about just soloing for awhile, work on my dailys, farm mats for stuff I need, try to scratch together enough money to buy my epic flying mount...who knows?! I will however be doing research on raids and instances during my down time until I get my account reactivated and can rejoin the WoW community...so if anyone on Turalyon knows a good guild, lemme know and I'll do some investigating. Happy Hunting and I'll keep in touch!

-Aerislan

No comments: