Wednesday, October 10, 2007

UPDATES!


So it's 12:54 am and I have to work tomorrow, but I can't sleep due to the incredibly uncomfortable head cold I seem to have developed, so I figured I'd chug a few cups of green tea (antioxidants and what-not) and tweak the blog some. After about 20 minutes of searching I finally found the BRK blog about Favicons & iFrames and decided to give the iFrames thing a whirl. After inserting the html in about 15 different places and causing my blog to look like I did it in the dark...with a hammer...I finally found the proper location for the code and am hoping I can get the link right so that you'll actually see the window pop-up when you mouse over item links (I'm not currently planning on updating previous item links for the record). So here goes...

I went on a regular Botanica run to help a guildie get rep for her heroic key and Warp Splinter decided to part with his [Jagged Bark Pendant] Now to save the changes and check to see if it worked...brb IT WORKS!! Sort of. The pop-up window didn't go away when I moved the mouse away from the link
back to the editing window. Modified the code, testing in 3,2,1:

/grumble

That didn't fix it, why you ask, because I deleted a letter in the code. Double check your code kids, the life you save could be yours. Saving and checking again. It works!! This does, however mean that I have to start linking items from Allakhazam (wth decided to spell it like that anyway...seriously) because I'm not quite fluent enough to figure out how to do it using Thottbot, but hey...I rolled a hunter, I like a challenge.

I received a whisper from the guild raid leader asking if I was interested in raiding shortly after the run and replied that I was still in the process of upgrading gear to meet raiding requirements. Then I got a whisper from the hunter class leader asking the same question. I told her the same thing and she said that she was going to look over my armory profile and we'd discuss my gear/talent spec/schedule and see about getting me into Karahzan. She also informed me that she was happy to see that I had a desire to improve & took an active interest in wanting to raid. Hunters in my guild seem to be a bit lax in my opinion, but then again I think most of them are alts. SO! I might just get to venture back into Kara and get my hands on some more gear in the very near future! Stay tuned & go check out The Hunter's Den and let Galamar know what you think and see if you've got any advice for him, he's very gracious when it comes to accepting criticism (he takes it from me and I'm a nobody). Take care and happy hunting!!

1 comment:

Syralis said...

Hey, grats on getting the Jagged Bark Pendant. Gotta love good ol' agility and stamina boosts. Thanks for the link as well. Take care and I hope you get to feeling better soon. By the way I think it's very cool that your wifey plays. Laters...