Monday, October 22, 2007

Random Updates

The most notable of these being my recent respec. Before you crucify me or try to pull my hunter license, remember it's my character and I'll spec as I please. I am more than willing to accept constructive criticism, but I'll happily delete any comments along the lines of, "You're a freaking retard, that spec is stupid!", and so on. Now on with the post! I've decided to give this spec a try to see if it increases my functionality in a raiding situation. If it doesn't I'll respec again. If it does, I'll keep it for awhile. No other really exciting changes, Temoa is almost level 40 and I've made another hunter, Kreiger. I plan to level my new dwarf hunter full BM just to see how much different it is than leveling a MM hunter. So far so good, he's only level 8 at the moment, but I've been busy with raiding, dailies and such.

On an entirely different note, I'd like to highlight a very interesting Blog I've been reading as of late. Saber Squadron, is about a team of hunters being 5-boxed by 1 person. The blog chronicles their advancement from level 1, as well as techniques and other info on how to multi-box multiple characters. Interesting stuff, and something I don't think I could ever do. Check it out if you get a chance.

That about sums it up, I'll post again when I have more to report. Until then, take care and happy hunting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've often thought about making a hybrid build going into the survival tree. There are aspects of survival game play that I really like, but we need some dps monsters in my guild right now and can't afford to mess around with my build.

If anyone gives ya grief for trying out a hybrid spec... send 'em my way and they'll have a Big Red Ravager to deal with!

Pict said...

I've been thinking about going 0/20/41 lately, let us know how this one is. I've been looking at saber squadron too, and it looks like 5-boxing is, in my oppinion, sorta negative. It takes a socail aspect out of the game if you neve do any pugs, and never talk to anyone else in the game.

-Pea

ps: be sure to check out my new "On Arogance" post, i need suggestions for it, what else to add, all that stuff.

Unknown said...

0/20/41 can be a lot of fun. Back before they nerfed the agi/ap ratio, almost all the hunters in my guild were survival. At 60, pre-expansion, I had 664 agi and my ranged ap was just ridiculous.

Then the nerf bat whacked us in the head and most of us went back to marksman... thankfully they made arcane shot a lot more powerful and we all stopped using aimed shots for the most part.

I really enjoyed playing survival though. You need to max out your agility for it to really work, but man! You can dodge like a mofo and you crit constantly!

Syralis said...

Hey bro,

Let me know how the respec goes. I've found it easy to level a BM Hunter so I think you'll enjoy much success with that build, plus I do a lot of ranged DPS as well. Take care man.