Friday, October 12, 2007

Karazhan: The Return


So I'm running around Netherstorm doing quests for gold (that [Swift Red Gryphon] isn't going to pay for itself you know) when I get a /w from the Raid Leader asking if I wanted to go to Karazhan. I informed him that I did not have the necessary consumables (if you'd like to know what I consider necessary post a comment and I'll post a list of what I take to raids), and he assured me that they could make an exception this once and he sent me an invite. WOOT! I'm back in Kara!! Bring on the purples!!

/dancecheeromgwtfbbq

We clear the trash to Attumen without a hitch, and down him without a problem. One of our tanks got the [Vambraces of Courage] that he had been after for quite some time, and I don't recall what the other drop was, pretty sure it was druid leather. Moving on...We clear to Moroes and set up to start the fight. The strategy we use is to keep 2 of the 4 adds CCed until Moroes is down, and kill the other 2. This means that the fight is very dependent on the hunter's ability to keep his/her target chain trapped & the priest to keep his/her target shackled. Do not make the mistake of assuming everyone in your raid understands the mechanics of chain trapping. After 2 pulls I had to explain to the tank that I needed to know at least 30 secs before the pull was to take place so that I would have enough time to lay my first trap and let the CD tick long enough to allow me to place my second trap before the first one expired. Once we got everyone on the same page the third pull was significantly better, but by no means perfect. I'm not sure what caused it, but my traps were being broken, thus taking away the time I needed between CD's to chain trap. My 2nd trap broke after about 10 seconds, leaving about 10 seconds of CD before I could place my next trap. I managed to Scatter Shot and buy myself the time needed to place another trap. 3rd trap breaks early and now my trap & scatter shot are both on CD, forcing me to kite him until one of my CD's finish. I managed to get a trap off right before dying and trapped him. Once that trap expired a tank picked up my mob and they finished the fight without another casualty. I still felt as though I had done a poor job of CCing, but was happy that they managed to down Moroes. [Idol of the Avian Heart] & [Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch] dropped, priest took the idol and I think the watch was DE'd as all the tanks had it already. Next came Maiden, wiped on the first attempt downed her on the second. There was a rather heated argument over a pair of cloth bracers that dropped, but I was in the kitchen getting something to drink so I missed the bulk of it. We moved onto the Opera event and got Oz. I prayed for [Legacy] to drop, but was denied. We one shotted the event and received [Ruby Slippers] and some leather legs...We killed the philanthropists for some gold to ease the cost of repairs and called it a night...aside from the Moroes incident I don't think I did too bad. I'm hoping next time goes much better though. Take care and happy hunting!

8 comments:

Syralis said...

Grats on getting back into Kara. I know what you mean about the traps I ran part of Shadow Labs last night and my traps were getting broken too. I think some party members were breaking them as well. But that said I need a LOT of practice with chain trapping. I'm sure you'll nail it next time around. Is your guild primarily a raiding guild? It sounds like they know their stuff. Maybe I should come over there, that is if they would have me. I do need to "gear up" for sure. How do you get keyed for Kara? Catch ya' later man.

Saerath said...

Yeah we are primarily a raiding guild, but we do focus on gearing people for raiding as well...I can't tell you hoow much help I got getting what was needed for me to meet my Kara requirements...I'm sure you'd be accepted if you were to transfer. if you want you can make a toon on Turalyon and we can talk about it in-game...I'd suggest vent but my mic is broken atm

Pict said...

About the CC problem, try an addon called CC watch, or somethin like that, ill try and get the name for you, it tells the party when CC is broken, and by who

-P

Saerath said...

thanks P!!

Pict said...

OK, the addon is called Tattle, and you can set it to broadcast the CC break to party, say, have it whisper to you, or even yell it across the zone, i think its on wowui.incgamers.com, try searching for it there.

-P

Syralis said...

I'll try to do that later this week. Thanks man!

Pict said...

BTW, I just rembered to link you on my blog :)

-Pea

(terrible memory at times)

Saerath said...

lol...thanks for the link P...come to think of it I haven't linked yours either =(