Friday, October 19, 2007

Casual Farming (No gold farmers were harmed in the making of this blog)

Money may not make the world go round, but if definitely greases the wheels. Hunters are probably one of the most expensive classes in the game, so financial burden is a problem I see often in the hunter community. Here is my first attempt at an informative blog, rather than rambling on about my misadventures all the time.

One of the best ways I've found to make money is daily quests, It takes me no more than an hour and a half a day to complete the 6 daily quests that I have unlocked, and it nets me about 70g plus another 10-15g from trash drops and leather I acquire in the process of completing them. In order to unlock the daily quests in Ogri'la you will need a 5 man group to complete the quests to unlock the dailies, but all 4 of the quests can be done in about an hour with a solid group. The link will tell you where to get the quests to unlock the dailies.

Another way I make money rather successfully is farming the ravagers in Hellfire Peninsula for [Ravager Flesh] and leather. Southwest of Honor Hold is an area known as Razorthorn Trail, this area is covered in ravagers, both big and small. I usually don't even get off a full shot rotation before they die, so you should be able to kill them in mass numbers with very little effort. In 30 minutes of farming them I can usually net a full stack of [Ravager Flesh], full stack of [Knothide Leather Scraps] (LWers can use these to make knothide leather which sells for significantly more on the AH), about a half stack of [Knothide Leather], and they also drop [Fel Hide] and [Fel Scales] (a full stack of these sells for about 15-20g on my server), and I usually make about 4-5g off vendor trash. (If you don't have the AutoProfit addon I highly recommend it). The ravager meat is also used to make [Ravager Dog], a very nice stat food to keep on hand as a hunter.

Another good area to farm is the western edge of Zangarmarsh, where you can kill the basilisks and sporelings for meat and leather. The basilisks drop, you guessed it, [Chunk o' Basilisk] which can be turned into [Blackened Basilisk], I've seen stacks of the food on the AH for 5-10g so if you have a high enough cooking skill you can make the food or just sell the meat, of course they also drop your typical varieties of leather and vendor trash. The sporelings drop leather and 2 types of spores, we're going to focus on the [Strange Spores} because these are used in cooking to create [Sporeling Snack], the only stat food in the game for hunter pets (Anthies swears by them), granted they won't increase your pets happiness, but the extra stamina and spirit they provide is still nice to have.

These 2 areas should net you a decent amount of stuff to sell on the AH (provided you have skinning for the leather, but zangar is a good place for herbs too), mats to make stat & pet food which you can use yourself or sell on the AH as well, with a minimal amount of effort. Hope this helps and maybe in the near future I'll post some farming areas for those more enterprising hunters out there. Take care and happy hunting!

*I apologize for the white text on item links >.<

2 comments:

Goodie said...

Good Advice,
I have yet to do dailys, since I'm only lvl 37 *_*
But one way I find productive is grinding in STV and Arathi Highlands, the guys yeild tons of xp and drop some valuable loot sometimes... rarely... ok, ok, mailnly for the xp... FINE, be that way, only the enemies of the rebles (Kurzen) drop anything worth 2c.

-Pea

Anonymous said...

I did the brewfest daily quests to get mounts for my 5 man hunter team. They did get to be a pain after a while, but the brewfest Rams look cool. I have a screenshot on my blog www.sabersquadron.info