Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Hits Just Keep on Coming


I should probably go buy a lottery ticket considering all the good luck I've been having lately. This morning I asked if anyone in the guild wanted to do a BM run, and it just so happened a guildmate needed to finish off their Kara key quest chain, so a group was formed almost immediately. So far so good, we actually had more than enough people volunteer for the run (did I mention I love my new guild?) We zone into the instance, everyone grabs their beacon and we make short work of the wildlife that populates the zone so as not to have any unnecessary adds while we kill the dragonkin that spawn. The portals start opening and the mobs pour out and die shortly afterwards. Chrono Lord Deja appears, dies, and is rapidly forgotten about. Temporus decides to stick his head out of his portal, and has it promptly removed. I turn on AotV and have a sit to drink and regen mana when my wife asks me if I'm ever going to loot him. "Sure!" I reply and run to his corpse and right click him and am rewarded with [Hourglass of the Unraveller] OMG! I can finally replace my [Power Infused Mushroom]!! If memory serves me, it's the last thing I needed to upgrade to be allowed to raid Kara. I did remember the warrior saying that he was after the trinket as well, so I whispered him and asked him if he wanted to roll and he declined (awesome...he's getting a Christmas card this year) so I got it! WOOT! The rest of the run went off without a hitch and we got another guildie Kara keyed. Let's just hope the good luck continues in this fashion.

3 comments:

Syralis said...

WOW! Grats man. I'm very happy you got the trinket you needed. All this good fortune is really making me want to move to another guild/server. Kara here you come.

/stagnant

Unknown said...

The Black Morass... ugh. Early on in TBC, I helped a lot of friends run that to get the hourglass as they really really wanted it and were running the instance many times a day.

I vowed to help them get it and not roll on it. So my fury warrior and rogue buddies finally get it after 40 or so runs.

I ran, maybe 10 of those with them. Got my Laughing Skull Battle Harness, so I was happy... then later that same day, I got my Beast Lord Cuirass! Ha!

So, after Errang got his trinket, I go in with the express intent of rolling on the trinket... we slaughter the place... bang! trinket! AND... rolled a 100 on it! My karma paid off!

Getting all my dungeon pieces was a snap in the expansion. Unlike my first run through Azeroth... 100+ Scholo runs to get my stupid Beast Stalker Helm! (I got it after I got my Dragon Stalker Helm. I had to get it though!)

Now, if only I could have some better luck getting my T4 pieces!

Syralis said...

I'm really instance challenged. If I want to run any instance I've go to get in a PuG. This is OK but I would much rather run with a core group of folks in a guild. In order for me to get anywhere I'm gonna have to move to another guild either on my server or another one. I really want to get better and go on these 10 man raids but change is a must.