Sunday, November 18, 2007

You are now Exalted with Your Wife


Went to Shadow Labs to help get one our guild's shaman alts the key fragment there, and hopefully get myself a shiny new [Sonic Spear]. The group makeup was interesting to say the least. Holy spec Paladin tank, 2 Enhancement Shammys, Resto Druid & myself. Fun times. There were so many totems my buff window was overflowing and had little mini buff icons all across the bottom...it was crazy. I was skeptic about how well the run would go due to the fact that I was the only official form of CC, but it actually went really well. We wiped twice on the "stadium seating" pulls just before the second boss, but it was due to the randomly spawning assassins that populate that part of the zone, not bad pulls. If you ever want to amaze a group as a hunter, kite a mob while chain trapping another. Just don't die like I did. The boss fights were surprisingly easy. Hellmaw went down after only 2 fears, Blackheart the Inciter only got 2 MC's off before dying, Vorpil ported to the center and made it about 6 feet before he died & Murmur actually managed to kill our tank, but the 2 fire elementals summoned by the shammy's quickly finished the 3% health he had when this happened. The moral of the story is: If you have 2 enhancement shamans and they alternate their heroism and fire elementals, stuff is going to die, very quickly. It was probably the most fun I've had on an instance run, aside from the fact that Murmur decided to keep his spear. Loot whore.

Oh yeah, this post is supposed to be about my exalted wife faction. Got sidetracked. While we were clearing trash right after Blackheart, [Pattern: Girdle of Ruination] dropped and I won the roll. I thought Mrs. B3 already had this pattern, so naturally I couldn't stop hearing the sound of gold falling into my lap for the rest of the run. It sells for around 1200g on my server. A very nice dent in the cost of my epic flying mount. Once the run was finished I decided to double check and make sure she had the pattern before putting it on the AH. She didn't have it and got all giddy and excited when she found out it dropped for me, then went back to watching Grey's Anatomy. She comes back 10 minutes later and tells me that she would rather I sell the pattern because she didn't want me to give it to her just because we're married (I know a trap when I hear one), and that she wouldn't allow me to just give it to her for nothing since it sold for so high. So I wrestled with the idea of going ahead and selling it, then decided to COD it to her, for 1g. I did tease her and tell her that she might want to see how much gold she had on all her alts and mail it to her mage, so she still thinks I COD'd it for some ridiculously high amount, but I think she'll be happy with the price when she finally checks her mail. Now I just have to find the Wife Quartermaster and see what I can buy with all this rep...

2 comments:

Pike said...

Heehee. My boyfriend is a tailor, I send basically all my cloth to him (the ones I'm not using for First Aid, that is), and the SO rep points payoff when he sends me rare alchemy recipes (or that one time when he gave me that epic bow which he got as a random drop. That was a happy day.)

Syralis said...

It's a good thing to be exalted with the wifey! I'm sorry to hear the spear didn't drop for you. Keep at it though, he will surrender it sooner or later.