Sunday, November 4, 2007

This One's For You Pike!


The fish in the picture is a pike, yay for visual jokes!! On with the post...

Here's what I think:


- Everytime I read the patch notes for the next big patch, it feels like reading WoW for Dummies

- If you are going to argue and complain about a class being OP, play that class then see how OP you think it is.

- Hunters should be able to tame a mount. Locks & Pallies can summon theirs, and druids get flight form. Why can't we get a quest to tame a mount?!

- The gold rewards from daily quests should increase with your reputation. According to Shat'ari Skyguard I'm an "ace pilot that's never been shot down" but still haven't gotten a pay raise. WTH?!

- Rolling another hunter was a really good idea, I forgot how much fun I had grinding Aerislan to 70.

- Everyone should at least know a small amount of the WoW Lore, it helps you feel like you're doing something besides trying to get gear so you can laugh at people with crappy gear

- Anyone that purchases a level 70 character and then acts like they know everything about that class and WoW in general should have their computer dropped on their head from a very high altitude...twice.

- If Blizzard really wants to stop gold farmers from selling gold they should get together with the IRS and find a way to tax it, then nail them for tax evasion.

- There should be an aptitude test every 10 levels to make sure you actually learned something.

- Getting my ass handed to me in PvP and knowing that it was probably a 12 year old kid that did it makes me feel like my dad must have when I used to beat his high scores on Tetris on Game Boy (the big one with the green screen..old school)

- I ran out of stuff to say...

So that's what I think...hope you liked it! I'll try and fill some of the other requests soon, work has been draining the life out of me the last few days, but it will get to them. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Take care and happy hunting!

3 comments:

Pict said...

Aptitude Test?
They would hire school teachers to grade 40-year-old nerds? I think not

Pike said...

Haha, loved it!

Amava said...

Love the idea of an aptitude test every 10 levels. Not one that's graded by teachers, silly, but rather one that involves killing bosses with only appropriately levelled characters.

Personally I've always wanted there to be an instance requirement as part of levelling up. You can grind all you want, you can quest all you want, you can get gear all you want. But to actually bump to the next bracket of levels, you've got to complete some instances. I would love it if they offered you 5 instances at each level bracket. Brackets are similar to BG brackets (-19, 20-29, 30-39...). When you start an instance, you have the option to switch it to a "qualifying" group, similar to how you can change it to a raid group. A party can only be changed to a "qualifying" group if all 5 (no raids here) members in the party are in the proper level bracket. In order to get promoted to the next level bracket, you've got to qualify on 2 out of the 5 instances, or some other requirement like that.

I think that a system like this would help build players who know how to play as a team since all of the instances will be a suitable challenge for players that are at qualifying level, rather than how most levellers do it by just bringing in one or two higher level players and pwn an instance.

And since this isnt for everybody, maybe there will be servers flagged as TW servers...Team Work. They would servers that are specifically designed to attract people who value the team experience over the levelling and grinding experience. People who want to race to the end-game can select to play on the Normal or PvP servers.

On a server like this, you'd be unable to even hit level 20 without a basic understanding of threat and aggro, the tank/healer/dps trinity, and your character's role in a party.

But Blizzard has to run a business, not help me find people who value teamwork, so I understand why this feature isn't in the game. There's more money in making content obsolete to encourage purchases of expansion packs. So its unlikely we'll see something like this. But I can keep my fingers crossed in hope, meantime, if you're on Terokkar server, and interested in this kind of stuff, pst Amava :-)