Monday, November 5, 2007

Allow Me To Elaborate


I'm sure you've already seen the new BRK Movie post, but there is something I want to point out something that I myself have overlooked, and I'm sure many other hunters have as well.

The first time Shade pulls the raid in to him and BRK & Hobbes run to the wall to avoid the Arcane Blast, he states that he turns clockwise in order to keep Hobbes out of the blast radius. I've never really considered pet positioning to that extent. Granted, your pet is always going to be within arms reach of you unless you order it to attack a target or stay for whatever reason, but if you turn one way or the other your pet will switch which side it stands on. I can't even begin to think how many times I would have been saved the trouble of resurrecting my pet after a particularly nasty AoE attack.

With the new patch, if the rumors are true, your pet will automatically position itself behind your selected target. This will keep your pet from taking damage from a mob's "frontal attacks", Doom Lord Kazzak's cleave attack is a good example of this, but I've never considered positioning myself to the side or even behind a target when possible to avoid these effects. The fact that BRK does it out of reflex only serves to demonstrate to me that I still don't know all there is to know about being a hunter. However, I'm happy with the fact. The day I know everything there is to know about being a hunter is the day I stop having fun being a hunter...I might have to roll a lock (/shudder) or something. Anthies and I both thank you, BRK, and Anthies more than me I'm sure.

3 comments:

Pict said...

Yeah, I noticed that too, I've never really have to deal with crappy aoe bosses yet, but it would be a good idea for me to do that

BRK said...

You're very welcome! Thank you for the kind words. :)

/wave

BRK

Xizang said...

I kept trying to get behind or to the side of bosses with massive frontal attacks in order to position my pet a lot of times. But there are fights in the gae that did not allow to do so.
Now the pets have gained enough intelligence to find their own way. Pathing issues will soon be fixed I guess.
But I never considered turning to one side or another in order to have my pet stand further away from a blast.
This is when you learn that other guys playing the same class still have some tricks in their ammo pouch that you can try to adopt. I acknowledge BRK is one of the trick-rich guys out there!